The quality of the equipment at your medical aesthetics practice can affect both the results that patients experience and the overall profitability of your clinic. Multi-platform devices could boost productivity and expand your service offerings at a lower cost. Here’s a closer look at the benefits of multi-platform devices and how to determine which may be worth the investment.
Multi-Platform Treatment Devices
A multi-platform device is a workstation that uses a core energy-based system to provide a range of aesthetic treatments via different applicators. The combination of technology varies depending on the product manufacturer and design; some devices use lasers, infrared light, and microneedling while others utilize intense pulsed light (IPL) or radio frequencies. These machines can address various facial and body issues, including wrinkle reduction, acne treatment, hair removal, cellulite remodeling, body contouring, and more.
The benefits of using multi-platform aesthetic devices include:
- Efficient use of capital: A multi-platform device can be a good option for practices that lack the budget to purchase multiple pieces of equipment.
- Better use of space: Why have numerous machines when you can make the most of your clinic space and use one to accomplish the same tasks?
- Constant innovation: Leading manufacturers are continually developing new applicators and treatments—perfect for your cutting-edge facility. Many of these businesses also provide post-sale support and continuing education to help you and your staff stay up to date on the latest techniques.
- More capabilities and services: With a multi-purpose machine, you have the opportunity to offer more treatments without the expense of a new device. Adding applicators has a lower cost of entry and can let you determine whether you have enough patient volume to justify buying a stand-alone piece of equipment.
- Flexibility: Most multi-treatment devices can be wheeled from room to room, which affords you additional flexibility depending on your practice’s appointment schedule.
Choosing A Multi-Platform Aesthetic Device
If you are interested in a multi-platform device, how do you choose the right one? Consider the following questions:
- How well does the device perform? Before selecting a machine, evaluate its effectiveness. Check out its specifications for speed and power, and look at factors such as pulse duration, spot size, wavelength, cooling, and more.
- Do the treatment combinations make sense for your practice? Does the device offer the types of treatments that your patients want? Can it combine multiple procedures?
- How will you use the device? How often do you plan to use the equipment? If multiple practitioners will need it throughout the day, you may want to purchase more than one, or consider stand-alone devices instead.
- How much does it cost? Remember to include not only the upfront cost but consumables and maintenance—and determine whether buying or leasing would be a better choice for you.
- Will the device work for your market? How in-demand are the treatments you provide with the multi-platform device? Balance this with the number of treatments you would need to perform to make the purchase worthwhile.
- What kind of post-sale support does the manufacturer offer? You’ll want to work with a company that provides outstanding customer support after the sale, including marketing, maintenance, repairs, and continuing education. This will give you the most return on your investment.
Consider The Venus Versa™ Multi-Treatment System
A multi-platform device can add a greater number of treatments to your repertoire while also improving productivity and profitability. Venus Concept developed the Venus Versa™ to serve aesthetics practices looking for versatile, reliable, multi-application platforms that can be customized to grow with your practice. The Venus Versa™ offers NanoFractional RF™, IPL, and Multi-Polar Radio Frequency with Pulsed Electro Magnetic Fields technology all in one workstation.
You can use the Venus Versa™ to perform many of the most sought-after, non-invasive treatments including photorejuvenation, hair removal, acne treatment, skin resurfacing, wrinkle reduction , and more. With Venus Versa™, you can also offer the TriBella™ treatment, exclusive to this device. TriBella™ combines anti-aging, photorejuvenation, and skin resurfacing treatments in one session to simultaneously enhance patients’ skin texture, tone, and tightness.
Interested in learning more about multi-platform devices? Download our free report “How Multi-Platform Devices Can Elevate Your Aesthetic Practice’s Results and Profitability” or reach out to a Venus Concept expert today.
Practice Enhancement Tips