Title: Director, Human Resources
Reporting to Vice President, Global Human Resources and Employee Education
Location: Toronto, Ontario
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, results and performance driven full time Director, Human Resources to join our growing team! Reporting to the Vice President, Global Human Resources and Employee Education, the Director, HR will be based in the Toronto office and will be responsible for all areas of human resources supporting North America, including but not limited to creating and fostering a positive working environment focused on employee growth & recognition, employee relations, health & safety, leadership development, compensation & benefits, performance evaluations, full cycle recruitment, and onboarding. The Director, HR will develop strong partnerships with senior and executive levels of management to act as a strategic business partner, coach, and consultant for all aspects of HR. In addition, the Director, HR will develop and ensure consistency and compliance in HR policies and procedures; provide quality HR services within a corporate framework and manage various HR projects, programs, and initiatives.
What you’ll do:
- Act as strategic business partner to all areas of the business, supporting the creation and advancement of HR programs and practices, focusing on execution and participation.
- Conduct full cycle recruitment within North America including developing the recruitment strategy, job analysis, generating compelling job descriptions, job postings, conducting and participating in the interview process with hiring managers, selection, hiring, and onboarding.
- Coach and provide hiring managers on recruitment and interviewing best practices.
- Provide guidance to management with respect to performance evaluations, employee relations, succession plans, compensation, departmental organization, disciplinary procedures, and terminations.
- Partner with management to ensure that annual performance evaluations are completed in a timely manner and are used to increase employee morale, productivity and development with specific and measurable goals identified and a clear plan outlined and communicated to all.
- Liaise with Payroll to ensure proper processes are followed i.e.., timely enrollment of employees, departmental transfers, proper payroll remittances, benefit administration, commissions, retirement, medical leaves, lay-offs, and terminations; and in accordance with company policies and government legislation.
- Develop, create, communicate, and enforce all VC policies to all employees and act as advisor and counsellor for all policies and procedures.
- Chair Joint Health and Safety Committee through maintaining up to date knowledge of all legislation and facilitating committee meetings.
- Maintain up to date information and competitive corporate edge through research, analysis, development, and implementation of Human Resources programs.
- Work with Events teams to organize and coordinate employee engagement events for all employees including BBQs, Christmas parties and all other employee appreciation events.
- Work with legal counsel (internal and external) to apply for and process immigration visas and global intercompany transfers and other legal matters.
- Update and maintain global HR databases and organization charts.
- Advise, coach, and consult managers on employee concerns and issues regarding policies, practices, terminations, discipline, and performance.
- anage highly sensitive and confidential information daily.
- Manage, coach, and develop Talent Acquisition Specialist and HR Administrator to ensure personal and business goals and objectives are met.
What you’ll need:
Educational /Technical Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field
- CHRP or CHRL designation
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in an HR generalist capacity
- 2-4 years of supervisory/management experience
- Experience providing HR services to US based employees
- Demonstrated knowledge in employment legislation (ESA, Human Rights Code, OHSA, AODA) and privacy legislation
- Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices of HR Management including demonstrated competence in various HR functional areas such as: performance management, leadership development, succession planning, recruitment, employee engagement, compensation, employee relations, and health and safety
- Global experience an asset
- Possess solid MS Office & general computer skills
Skill and Knowledge Requirements:
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- Able to collaborate effectively and work with key business partners
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable, able to multi-task under pressure
- Self-motivated with a positive, proactive mindset
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret business documents.
- Ability to effectively respond to sensitive issues, complex inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, supervisor and/or management
- Superior communication (written & oral) and interpersonal skills
- Availability and flexibility to work when required, including evenings and weekends
What you will be part of – our Venus Concept Culture
Venus Concept believes in pushing boundaries while embracing creativity and innovation. Our employees are a critical part of our company’s performance and are at the core of its success. At Venus Concept, we rely on our employees, customers, and network of industry professionals around the world to continuously improve and Deliver the Promise. To do that, we ensure that everyone operates with the same values and vision. At Venus Concept, we promise to give you Endless Opportunities, allow you to Foster Innovation and be part of Delivering a Best-In-Class Offering.
Venus Concept is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. Venus Concept is committed to accommodating persons with
disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
About Venus Concept
Venus Concept is an innovative global medical aesthetic technology leader with a broad product portfolio of minimally invasive and non-invasive medical aesthetic and hair restoration technologies and reach in over 60 countries and 21 direct markets. Venus Concept focuses its product sales strategy on a subscription-based business model in North America and in its well-established direct global markets. Venus Concept’s product portfolio consists of aesthetic device platforms, including Venus Versa, Venus Legacy, Venus Velocity, Venus Fiore, Venus Viva, Venus Freeze Plus, Venus Heal, Venus Glow, Venus Bliss, Venus Epileve and Venus Viva MD. Venus Concept’s hair restoration systems includes NeoGraft®, an automated hair restoration system that facilitates the harvesting of follicles during a FUE process and the ARTAS® and ARTAS iX® Robotic Hair Restoration systems, which harvest follicular units directly from the scalp and create recipient implant sites using proprietary algorithms. Venus Concept has been backed by leading healthcare industry growth equity investors including EW Healthcare Partners (formerly Essex Woodlands), HealthQuest Capital, Longitude Capital Management, and Aperture Venture Partners. For more information, please visit www.venusconcept.com.