Title: Manager, Corporate Development
Location: Toronto, San Jose, Boston, New York or New Jersey
Reporting to: President & Chief Business Officer
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Manager to join our Corporate Development team. Reporting to the President & Chief Business Officer (located in Toronto, Canada), the Manager will either be based in our Toronto office, our San Jose office, or remote, and will support the CBO in leading the financial analysis, data modeling to support the development of the company’s strategic plan, long term plans for our global operations and valuation models in support of business development activities. As a key member of the Corporate Development team, you have an opportunity to add value by working closely with the senior management team of the company. You will also have the opportunity to get exposure to the Board of Directors of the company.
What you will do:
• Develop an in-depth understanding of the business to proactively drive areas of investigation and analysis in line with the Company’s strategic goals and objectives.
• Assist in the development of detailed financial models, analysis, and valuation benchmarking (e.g., comparable trading analysis, precedent transaction analysis, discounted cash flow analysis, merger models etc.) to assess business strategies and attractiveness of business opportunities and present concise findings to senior leadership.
• Support corporate finance functions as needed including ownership of company’s 5-yr financial model, and ad hoc financial analyses, annual budgeting, strategic planning, financial reporting etc.
• Assist in the execution of strategic BD and partnering transactions, including but not limited to deal sourcing, due diligence, financial analysis, transaction structuring and negotiation, and integration support.
• Support internal deal teams and work with external advisors to perform commercial, operational, and financial due diligence on strategic projects as they emerge.
• Conduct market and competitive analysis to inform business decisions.
• Prepare presentation material that aggregates the financial analyses, research, internal/external assessments, and conclusions on strategic opportunities for executive review.
• Maintain databases of potential target companies and partnering opportunities.
• Assist with developing the appropriate set of performance metrics, dashboards and other tools to capture financial information, monitor performance and react accordingly.
• Provide support as required on other corporate strategic initiatives, including preparation of weekly and/or ad hoc reports on business initiatives.
• Perform other duties as required.
What you will need:
• Business/Finance degree (BBA, BComm etc), CPA/CA/CFA/CBV designation or MBA (finance) an asset.
• Minimum 2-4 years relevant work experience (Corporate Development, Investment Banking, Private Equity, Strategy/Management Consulting, Top-Tier Accounting Advisory, or Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis).
• Expertise in building complex financial models and capable of translating raw data into thoughtful analysis and concise presentations.
• Excellent Excel skills, strong PowerPoint skills.
• High quality decision making and problem-solving skills with the ability to grasp new concepts quickly while dealing with ambiguity and imperfect data.
• Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task between various on-going responsibilities to meet established deadlines.
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills with the confidence to speak with business leaders, senior executives, and external firms.
• Highly organized and a strong attention to detail.
• Able to work on a flexible work schedule, travel as needed.
• Experience in health care/medical devices is an asset.
• Professional with a high career ambition.
What you will be part of – our Venus Concept Culture
Venus Concept believes in pushing boundaries while embracing creativity and innovation. Our employees are a critical part of our company’s performance and are at the core of its success. At Venus Concept, we rely on our employees, customers, and network of industry professionals around the world to continuously improve and Deliver the Promise. In order to do that, we ensure that everyone operates with the same values and vision. At Venus Concept, we promise to give you Endless Opportunities, allow you to Foster Innovation and be part of Delivering a Best-In-Class Offering. Venus Concept is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. Venus Concept is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
About Venus Concept
Venus Concept is an innovative global medical aesthetic technology leader with a broad product portfolio of minimally invasive and non-invasive medical aesthetic and hair restoration technologies and reach in over 60 countries and 18 direct markets. Venus Concept focuses its product sales strategy on a subscription-based business model in North America and in its well-established direct global markets. Venus Concept’s product portfolio consists of aesthetic device platforms, including Venus Versa, Venus Legacy, Venus Velocity, Venus Fiore, Venus Freedom, Venus Viva, Venus Freeze Plus, Venus Glow, Venus Bliss, Venus Epileve and Venus Viva MD. Venus Concept’s hair restoration systems include NeoGraft®, an automated hair restoration system that facilitates the harvesting of follicles during a FUE process and the ARTAS® and ARTAS iX® Robotic Hair Restoration systems, which harvest follicular units directly from the scalp and create recipient implant sites using proprietary algorithms. Venus Concept has been backed by leading healthcare industry growth equity investors including EW Healthcare Partners (formerly Essex Woodlands), HealthQuest Capital, Longitude Capital Management, and Aperture Venture Partners.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Venus Concept team. Please fill out the form below and we will get in touch if it's the right match.
ALL FIELDS ARE MANDATORY