To build and maintain a successful medical spa business, it’s no longer enough to offer only effective aesthetic treatments to patients. Today’s med spa owner must have a robust, thoughtful marketing plan that is designed not only to push additional services, but to attract new clients as well.
The good news? More women and men are seeking cosmetic procedures such as injectables and fillers, skin tightening, laser hair removal, and cellulite reduction. More demand, however, also means more competition.
With more than 5,400 clinics in the U.S., med spas face increasing competition. That’s why it is critical to implement med spa marketing ideas that are effective in both the short- and long-term.
Five Methods to Market Your Medical Aesthetics Practice
The manner in which you market a med spa practice may depend on the patient base, their demographics and priorities, and the types of services you offer. While there is a lot of emphasis on digital marketing techniques such as social media campaigns, there are other proven ways to promote your business, including the following:
- Ask for referrals. One advantage of the med spa industry is that your patients become walking advertisements. Of course, not everyone will want to admit that they had a little help to look younger, well-rested, and more confident. Nonetheless, many people are willing to share their secrets with friends and family, which can provide you with a stream of potential clients. In fact, 77% of people are willing to recommend a brand after just one positive experience. Sweeten the deal by offering current patrons referral incentives, such as discounts on other treatments.
- Create timely promotions. Think about relevant tie-ins that could put a new spin on your marketing ideas, especially ones that involve gift-giving occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries, and other holidays. Offering a Mother’s Day special or a Valentine’s Day gift certificate can produce more sales and attract new patients to your practice. Seasonal marketing campaigns are great options to help increase brand differentiation, patient interest, and revenue potential.
- Encourage cross-selling. It is much easier and takes less time to sell a current patient on an aesthetics procedure than to acquire a new one. If you have a client who comes in for tattoo removal or fillers, for example, make sure that he or she is aware of the other services you provide. Think about what people may want to enhance and cater your offerings to them. The key is to maintain a conversation to better understand what is important to the patient and what their needs might be. For instance, a woman who makes an appointment for cellulite reduction may also be interested in firming up areas like her abdomen or thighs through different body treatments.
- Create loyalty programs. When a patient leaves your med spa feeling happier, more youthful, and more confident, that’s a wonderful feeling. Even better is when that client books another appointment before he/she leaves. Offering a loyalty program that allows patients to earn points toward discounts or other specials could keep those happy customers coming back.
- Offer price-conscious promotions. While it’s tempting to focus on higher-margin treatments, consider those patients who are looking for lower-priced services such as dermal rejuvenation or hair removal. Once they see the results of their first session, there is a good chance that they’ll want more. Try promoting reduced-cost options with the goal of attracting first-time clients. As they become familiar with your practice, they could be more likely to spring for other aesthetic procedures as well. When designing these promotions make sure to consider how the treatment discounts might affect your clinic’s profit margin.
Venus Concept: Here to Help Your Med Spa Thrive
When it comes to aesthetic treatments, Venus Concept stays apprised of the trends and latest developments in technology. As a leader in the global medical aesthetic industry, we provide innovative equipment to help your business stand out from the competition. Our products can be found in more than 60 countries, performing over 10 million Venus Concept treatments every year.
Contact us to learn more about the devices we offer and how we can you build a thriving, successful practice with our full range of clinic benefits and services.
Practice Enhancement Tips